PRESIDENT GORDON B. HINCKLEY

"To you women of today who are old or young, may I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many-now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings"

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011: Team Alena, Run like a Girl












I love these girls!

A few days before the race, I was surprised by a knock at the door and to find these girls standing on my doorstep with flowers, a card and a tank top. Secretly they organized a team for Race for the Cure. WOW! That is the sweetest surprise I ever had. I was very embarrassed---Emily P. is in trouble. Michelle designed the coolest tank and Anna hosted a fabulous retreat. It was so fun! I really hope they enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. They are so wonderful to me! I will never forget this day.

The race has become a big part of our lives these past 4 years. Its a new tradition with a powerful purpose. Doing the race reminds me of how fragile and precious life is. My family means so much to me, so the more I give to this cause/race then the better and healthier my life will be- which in turn keeps me on this earth with my family and friends. I don't know if my family and friends know how much I love them but I really do. Each person in my life brings me joy and happiness. I need to work on being a better wife, mother and friend. I can't take what I have for granted. I really hope for love and forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. I love those girls, and am so glad that they did this for you. (I am the loser friend who saw it on the news after the fact, and of course THEN I thought about you...not BEFORE the race : ) I got a little teary when I saw the pic of you with your tank top with your family at the race. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I am so grateful that you are here with us today! You inspire me to be a better mom, wife, and friend...and try my best not to take anything for granted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete